Monday, February 11, 2008

My Love

How do I love you , let me count the ways. Remember that old line. Can you count the ways that you love your spouse? I must admit I have forgotten some of the ways lately. We have been together for 30 years this Valentines Day. We will be married just 28 years this June. Yes we have gotten a little stagnant in our relationship. We have gotten to the point of taking each other for granted. We just assume what the other person wants, we don't always ask maybe because we really don't want to know?

I decided it was time to reread the "love chapter in the bible. You know the one I'm talking about right............Song of Songs. How lovely to read God's word about my lover. To meditate on the words then apply them to my love and life.

I have found renewed joy in my husband, such a treasure is mine. God provided me with a soul mate and I am to be his help mate. Song of Songs 6:3 " I am my lover's and my lover is mine; he browses among the lilies." I am his and he is mine, no one elses. God placed us together for a purpose.

Let me count the ways, you are our example of a christian father. You have extablished a christian home for us. You work a tough job to provide for us, you love me inspite of all my faults. You practice Colossians living. I see many wisdoms listed in Proverbs that you pracice. You teach our children by example, as you try to lead a life pleasing to God. Oh my love the ways you love me are countless.

I shall practice 1Corinthains 7;4&5. 4 The wife's body does not belong to her alone but also to her husband. In the same way, the husband's body does not belong to him alone but also to his wife. 5 Do not deprive each other except by mutual consent and for a time, so that you may devote yourselves to prayer. Then come together again so that Satan will not tempt you because of your lack of self-control.

Today and for the rest of our days together I will count the ways I love my husband. I will honor him, respect him, bless him, and pray for him. Thank you father for the manual and the opportunity to keep practicing till I get it right. And each time I forget I can refer back to the manual for a refresher course.

No comments: